We’re looking for talented and self-motivated individuals to join our world-class remote team!
Web Build Director
Our web build director position is remote and part-time (as an independent contractor), but it could become full-time for the right candidate. It is a primarily a leadership role involving the “ownership” of our Git repo codebase of web-based sales / marketing assets, software products, and APIs in our fast-paced remote environment.
Primary responsibilities would include (but might not be limited to):
- Working closely with our developers and QA team to ensure only quality and well-tested code makes it to production.
- Working closely with DevOps to ensure smooth deployment and testing of code changes.
- Daily communication in our project management platform on task progress.
- Attending weekly team meetings and reporting regularly to the CTO with updates and feedback.
- Re-organizing our Git repos and standardizing an efficient Gitflow-type software development process (from the start of the dev cycle to production) that is tailored to a very small dev team.
- Ensuring proper documentation of all code changes (commits / references to project management tasks) and repository descriptions / instructions.
- Maintaining mentioned documentation and enforcing Git processes with developer team members.
- Self-starter with strong initiative and leadership skills. After a period of initial training, the candidate will be expected to work independently to learn our existing codebase, infrastructure, background, etc, and to eventually push tasks through as part of their role and on their own initiative as training completes.
- Strong senior-level development background primarily in PHP (5+ years), but experience with Python, Node.js, and Rails is helpful.
- Solid experience working with Git and development processes revolving around Git.
- Acute level of detail bordering on OCD (e.g. spotting issues in code that no one else typically can).
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to juggle project-level priorities and translate that into task-level delegation, which includes experience in handling evolving business needs and how they often influence development priorities.
- Availability at least part-time daily during regular U.S. weekday business hours.
Not necessary, but helpful:
- Experience with MongoDb, Internet Marketing technologies (email marketing platforms, Google Analytics, etc), Google Cloud infrastructure, DevOps.