The Moon is reaching the heights of Fullness this week, in quick-witted Gemini, an air sign known for its connective and restless nature.
If you’re sensitive to lunar energies, you’re probably already struggling to sleep as light and energy grows, and your mind is alive with thoughts, plans, ideas and, well, basically everything and anything it can hold! Full Moons are normally bright, expansive and illuminating times, but in Gemini, there’s the added danger that all of its potential will be scattered into the ether, before it can trickle down into our beings, and become real.
How to Work With Air
Air is the element of higher perspectives, of ideas, potentials, beginnings and the first breath of life. But something else – some other element or substance – needs to be added, to mix and combine with air, to enable those ideas to start to manifest. Otherwise, they’ll just keep on spinning round your head, keeping you up at night, without the satisfaction of completion and rest.
This Full Moon in Gemini is an invitation to do this work – to take the intangible contents of your mind, your heart, your dreams, and create the first firm ways for them to take root, and become real, outside of yourself.
A 5-Minute Ritual for Gemini
One of the best ways to do this, is through ritual. A short, simple ritual can be the best when working with Gemini energy, as our attention and focus can very quickly wander and and get lost when its strong (it happens to us all!) You only need to take 5 minutes to do this, and could even try doing is a few times over the Full Moon phase (counting the day before and the day after the peak), as you’ll probably glean much more from doing this, than trying to draw out a longer ceremony
Gemini Full Moon Grounding Ritual
What you need:
- A candle (and something to light it with)
- A pen and paper
- (Optional but powerful extra) A small shovel and access to a garden/piece of ground or a potted plant
What to do:
- Sit on the ground, and take a few moments to centre on your breath and call in your energy.
- Light the candle.
- Call in the directions and the elements (if you want to) and any other Spirit guides, totems, ancestors or light beings who also wish to join you.
- Take the pen and paper and write down a list of your thoughts – your plans, dreams, desires and also your worries, concerns and fears. They don’t need to make sense, or be especially well organized, just allow the words to flow.
When you feel complete, hold your list in your hands, close your eyes and shift your focus from your mind into your body.
Feel the places where your body touches the ground – the soles of your feet, the bones of your buttocks and the sides of your legs, depending on how you are sitting – and imagine these places are growing deep roots into the Earth.
- Feel yourself reaching, anchoring, being securely and nourishingly held by the Earth below you.
- Now shift your focus back to the list you are holding in your hands, and, directing your voice to the Earth, say out loud:“Mother Earth! I offer you my plans, my dreams, my desires and also my worries, my concerns and my fears … (read the list aloud, if you want to). I ask you to take it all from me, to take it deep into your body. I ask you to be discerning and to give roots to all those things that are in my highest good, and to transmute and make compost of all of those things which are not. Thank you!”
- See, sense and know that Mother Earth is taking all of the items on your list deep into her body, through the roots you have grown, and is creating or destroying accordingly.
- When you are ready, open your eyes and come back to the present. Thank the Spirit guides, totems, ancestors or light beings who joined you, and release them from the space.
Remember to blow out the candle.
As an optional but powerful extra step, head outside into your garden, dig a small hole with the shovel and bury your list in the earth. You could also bury it within a potted plant. By taking this extra step and actually combining the elements in this literal way, the potency of your ritual will be amplified!
After performing this ritual, have a warm drink and something to eat, go for a walk outside in nature, or put on some music and dance! You may feel strongly drawn back into the world of your mind, but try to resist this, and ground further into your body. The magic you have set in motion with the ritual is only just beginning!
How you are coping with the Full Moon in Gemini?
What are your top tips for grounding your energy?
When you’ve tried this ritual, I’d love for you to comment below and share how you feel, and what has begun to shift for you!