The mind and the body are One.
What you feel and the emotions you unknowingly repress have a significant impact on how your body functions. If you don’t have a healthy flow of energy through the body, you’ll be more susceptible to pain and “mystery illnesses,” which are illnesses that medical science can’t quite explain. These are usually functional disorders like Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, chronic back pain, and assorted autoimmune disorders.
What disrupts the flow of energy in the body is always the same: trapped emotions — balls of energy resonating at the frequency of an emotion that get trapped inside your body. Trapped emotions arise from repression, or not being able to express your feelings freely.
When you were a little child, you were probably taught that certain emotions were unacceptable, so you learned to choke them off. The problem is, these emotions don’t simply evaporate. They stay in your system and begin to build up in an inner reservoir of pain. Once that reservoir gets too big, the emotional pain tries to rise to the surface for acknowledgment and healing. But your brain has learned that it’s too dangerous to express these emotions, so it creates debilitating symptoms as a distraction from the feelings.
I know it might sound like I’m saying that your expression of illness is in your head, but that’s not what I’m saying at all. Your symptoms are very real! And yet, your brain wants to protect you from anything dangerous, and it perceives confronting forbidden emotions as more dangerous than physical distress, so it uses pain and illness as a distraction from the emotions trying to rise to the surface.
This process is well documented. If you’d like to read more about this, I recommend reading The Mindbody Prescription by Dr. Sarno, They Can’t Find Anything Wrong by Dr. Clarke, or How to Heal Yourself When No One Else Can by Amy B. Scher. These books might just change your life!
The 6 Steps To Healing
Here’s a very powerful exercise, and the #1 thing you need to do to begin healing from chronic illness and pain:
- Get a piece of paper, and make a list of everything that’s happened to you that embarrassed you, was traumatic or deeply upsetting.
- Choose one thing on the list that causes you the most stress when you remember it.
- Close your eyes and take yourself back in time to that traumatic event. Re-experience the event, but this time, imagine that you have the power to say, do, and express what you couldn’t say, do or express back then.
- Yell or scream at the perpetrator in your mind. Do whatever you need to do to get that anger up and out of you!
- Grief and sadness will be behind the anger. Let that arise as well. Cry if you need to.
- You might experience an intensification of symptoms while you are getting the emotions out. This is a good sign that you are releasing and healing.
Seek out help from a counselor or therapist if you need it. This is very deep work, and has the power to heal your physical pain and body’s expression of illness.
It works because it gets trapped energies out of your system, and allows you to return to a state of healthy, energetic flow. After awhile, your brain won’t have anything to protect you from anymore, so it will stop sending signals to your blood vessels to contract and create pain. It will stop sending signals to your stomach to go into distress. Your brain won’t need to distract you with symptoms because the repressed emotions it thought it needed to protect you from will be gone.
This is a process that takes time, so please be patient with yourself. Please share this video and article with anyone you think would benefit. For more help, visit my website in the bio below and click on Energy Healing.