Letters of the Alphabet: A to G
The letters of the alphabet are known by most beginning students of Numerology to hold meaning through their numeric associations. What many don’t know is that the letters are symbolic ciphers, just like numbers, and they have hidden meanings within their form and images.
For example, H looks like a part of a ladder, Y looks like a fork in the road, C like an open mouth on a cartoon character’s profile.
These special meanings of the letters come into play not only in the study of the name, but are very important in the study of the Transits.
Transits are cycles of time derived from the letters of your name that gives each of them a chance to bring it’s qualities into prominence. Every letter in your name has a chance to express its challenges, lessons and gifts in such a way that you gradually move through them as you grow and evolve. Transits are sometimes called “current energy patterns” which is also an apt description.
So without much ado, let’s start looking into the letters of the alphabet and explore the possibilities of what’s hidden in your name.
– Is original, independent, and mentally-oriented like the number “One.” It is a number of leadership, and usually means change or new activity when in Transit. It looks almost like an arrowhead piercing its target. It’s one of the few letters that stands on its own as a word. It’s easy to think of words in which it’s a cornerstone: Action, Athlete, Actor, Air, Alive, Ambition, Anger and many other words that represent that which is self-propelled.
– Is emotional and self-contained, and strives for balance, like the number “Two.” It is like the two sides to any story, or the old adage – “as above, so below.” “B” has an even handed nature, and is all about exchange, but the lines that make it up are all closed, so it tends to be self-contained. It usually indicates a focus on relationships in Transit. Some words in which B is the cornerstone are Birth, Body, Belief, Brake, Baby, Bowl and Basket.
– Is the open mouth from which pour words, songs and ideas. It is creative, intuitive and communicative. It acts as a channel for all sorts of energy, which sometimes causes laughter and sometimes brings forth wisdom. It can cause a scattering of energy or an increase in social life while transiting. Some important cornerstone words are: Chat, Camera, Confess, Call, Cry, Chew, Computer, Chance, Comedian, Chef and Chant.
– Is the most closed of all letters, like the door that some are terrified to open. It tends to be physical and practical, like the number Four. Although it’s the sign of a dedicated and hard-working nature, it can indicate physical issues or travel when it is transiting. Cornerstone words: Dependable, Doctor, Defense, Determination, Dedication, Deterrent, and many words with Double meanings, like Distant.
– Is one of the most energetic of the letter-vibrations, and like the number Five, represents freedom and variety. It is generally inspired and helpful, having an extra “arm” with which it can reach out. It tends toward excess and is attracted to extremes rather than balance. E brings change, new activities, travel and relationship issues when transiting. Some cornerstone words are: Eager, Electric, Exotic, Ecstatic, Erratic, Etcetera (pun intended).
– Tends to be somewhat uncertain, and is usually responsible and hard-working. F can be frank, funny and friendly, and is family-oriented. It usually brings responsibilities during its transit, and they are often responsibilities to others. There are a really interesting set of cornerstone words linked to this letter: Fortitude, Faith, Furious, Face, Fantastic, Fervent, Fanatic, Fairy, Foresight, and many other caring and protective terms.
– Looks like something blocking the open mouth, indicating secrets or silence. Its outward appearance is outgoing and social, but that belies its true nature. G avoids being vulnerable and tends to be analytical and self-critical; it is usually well intentioned, idealistic, reflective, spiritual and charming. It can bring prosperity during its transit. Some cornerstone words are: Ghost, Gravity, Gain, Gamble, Generous, Gas and God.
In the next part of this article, we will cover many more letters – get part 2 here!
Your Master Numerologist,