Think you could be a kitchen witch?
Also known as a cottage witch, or a hearth witch, these magickal mavens are people who work their craft in their kitchens at home.
Witchcraft isn’t all about the supernatural.
In fact, most magick is much more everyday than that – taking place in homes all around the world, on kitchen tabletops, on ordinary cookers, and inside ordinary ovens. But these domestic surroundings don’t make the witchcraft performed there any less powerful. In fact, spells cast at home, by witches who are fully integrated into everyday life can have a much more grounded and immediate effect!
If you want to change your life through magick, then what better place to start than in your own home?
In fact… if you’re someone who feels called to all things witchy, then it’s highly likely you’re already practicing kitchen witchery, without even realizing!
Can you relate to any of the statements below?
If 30 or more seem like they were written for you, then there’s a good chance you have the gift when it comes to being a witch….!
1. Have a crystal collection (aka kitchen altar) in the kitchen
2. Have crystal collection in every room!
3. Talk to houseplants
4. Sleep with herbs under your pillow (mugwort / lavender / anything that looks vaguely interesting…)
5. Have a thing for teapots
6. Make DIY Beauty Products
7. Believe Garlic is a cure for pretty much anything
8. Feel like your kitchen is a sacred space
9. Love the Winter
10. Love the Spring!
11. LOVE it when the Sabbats arrive!
12. Sing whilst cooking
13. Have a (secret) poppet
14. Feel connected to the Goddesses Hestia, Vesta, Juno, Brigid, The Cailleach, and / or Cerridwen
15. Drink Tea under the Moonlight
16. Drink anything under the Moonlight!
17. Can’t follow a recipe without adding a little something extra…
18. Have herbs growing in teacups on the windowsill
19. Have herbs growing in anything on the windowsill!
20. Always have essential oils on hand
21. Never run out of ingredients, however much cooking you do!
22. Have bunches of herbs drying all over the house
23. Rarely go to a conventional chemist (why would you need to?)
24. Can’t go for a walk without returning with some kind of herb…
25. Bless food before eating
26. Always travel with a supply of your own food
27. Keep a pot of honey close at all times!
28. Dream of living in a cottage in the middle of an enchanted forest
29. Own a broomstick
30. Own at least one cooking pot that bears an uncanny resemblance to a cauldron…
31. Used to spend hours making magic potions as a kid
32. Have a cupboard containing every herbal tea you can imagine
33. Love the company of other women
34. Have a handwritten cookbook that belonged to your mother/grandmother (and treasure it)
35. Feel like plants have personalities
36. Feel drawn to the idea of Green Magic
37. Buy Organic food (and all house products)
38. When you cook, it feels like a sacred act
39. Find any excuse to light a fire
40. Have SO many jars of spices you’ve forgotten what they all contain
41. Often have people turning up unannounced at meal times…
42. But don’t appreciate others making a mess in the kitchen
43. Feel connected to your ancestors
44. Prefer to stay at home than travel
45. The direction you stir the pot in changes according to your mood!
So, think you may be a kitchen witch?!
Share with us in the comments below which of these things you related to the most… now, let’s get cooking!