Last Updated on
“What you resist not only persists but will grow in size.” – Carl Jung
When we’re feeling stuck it’s often because we’re not being honest with ourselves about our real needs, or are stuck in a pattern of self-sabotage.
It’s such a common place to be!
The route out is often to be honest with yourself about this, and take a stretch out of your comfort zone! BUT… this is SO much easier said than done. As the old adage goes, “whatever you resist persists”, so you may need to unlearn some old limiting habits and escape an unhelpful belief system or two before you can actually take those steps into the new life that you desire…
The root chakra is where to begin.
Stimulate The Root Chakra To Inspire Action
The root chakra (Sanskrit name Muladhara) sits at the base of the spine, is often regarded as the “first chakra”, and is the perfect place to start on your journey to strengthen and rebalance your energy centers. The root chakra boosts your physical vitality and powers of perseverance, whilst re-establishing your connection with physical reality and the community around you. This chakra also works on the lower body, feet, legs, bones, genitals, kidney, bladder, urethra, spine and Adrenal glands.
Signs of a blocked or imbalanced root chakra can include:
Low blood pressure, depression, anxiety, digestive and bowel problems.
There are several ways to stimulate, heal and rebalance this energy center.
1. Use Vibrational Remedies:
Australian Bush Flowers such as the Boab, Red Lily, Sundew, Jacaranda and Waratah work with the root chakra on the physical level and help to evoke a sense of safety and security. The beautiful Bottlebrush is the prefect remedy to help you to let go of old, outdated patterns and be open to change.
Organic Essential Oils such as Rosewood, Rosemary, Ginger, Sandalwood, CLoves and Black Pepper are perfect for clearing through blockages and balancing the root, and they can be diffused in an oil burner or vaporiser which is then sprayed into the aura; or gently rubbed onto trigger points on the skin.
2. Use Daily Affirmations such as:
I am letting go of the past and reaching for the future.
I am safe, stable, secure and grounded.
I release myself from pain and struggle.
I am passionate and motivated to achieve all of my goals.
I know how to survive and rely on my instincts.
I attain success in all areas of my life with ease.
I am courageous and persistent.
3. Use Sound Frequencies:
Certain sound vibrations resonate with the chakras and are incredibly powerful for clearing blockages and creating balance. Among the most popular are the use of mantras and vowels.
The Seven Sacred Vowels are considered extremely holy in many traditions including ancient Egyptians, Tibetan, Japanese and Native American.
The vowel sound for root chakra activation is Uh.
Another potent method of resonating the chakras is to use the Bija Mantras. These were developed from Sanskrit letters within the Vedic traditions, and are said to balance and align the chakras.
The Bija Mantra which resonates with the root chakra is LAM (pronounced as lum in alum )
Another aspect of sonic chakra system resonance has to do with the actual frequency or keynote of each chakra.
Keynote C is believed to be in natural resonance with the root chakra. It has a frequency of 256 Hz.
4. Use Crystals:
Listed below are five healing stones that are commonly used to open, balance and heal the root chakra.
- Smoky Quartz – Regarded by many as the talisman for the root chakra, it is extremely grounding and connects us to the roots of our ancestors.
- Red Carnelian – Light red to orange – Worn for strength and courage, it is used to cleanse and activate.
- Red Jasper – Browny red – Used to cleanse, ground, balance and set healthy boundaries.
- Red Chalcedony – Deep red – Red chalcedony gives you the strength of will and persistence to achieve your goals, and the confidence to manifest your dreams.
- Black Tourmaline – Black – Used for spiritual grounding, this stone is good for cleansing and balancing.
How To Use Chakra Healing Crystals
Each crystal holds a unique vibration so it’s extremely important to know how to use the correct stone with the affected chakra. Cleansed and charged healing crystals are most effective when you place them near to the location of the imbalanced chakra which is in need of healing. They are often worn as jewelry or positioned over the affected chakra.
For root charka healing, try carrying a crystal in your trouser or skirt pocket, or tying it loosely around your waist. You could also place them in various locations around your home in your bed as you sleep.
5. Use Meditation – Red Root Chakra (Muladhara) Guided Meditation
This powerful meditation uses color therapy, Earth energy and visualization to ground, and release resistance to change, self-sabotaging patterns and the fear of letting go. First, read through this a couple of times so you’re familiar with what to do.
- Choose a comfortable space in your home where you won’t be disturbed for the next 15 minutes and sitting upright, just relax, close your eyes and begin by concentrating on your breath.
- Slowly, breathe in deeply to the count of 5, allowing your belly to expand, followed by your chest so your lungs are full of air. Hold for another 5 seconds and finally slowly breathe out for about 7 seconds until your lungs are completely empty.
- Repeat the process several times to deepen your relaxation but this time when you breathe in imagine that you are inhaling peace as a vibrant white light and exhaling any form of tension or anxiety as a dark cloud.
- Observe the weight of your body either in the chair or on the floor, and feel how the good earth is supporting you from below. If any thoughts or feelings come in, simply observe without judgment, and let them pass.
- Now imagine a beautiful golden light, like sunshine, beaming down through the top of your head. Allow this warming light to flood down throughout your entire being, through the face, neck and shoulders, arms and hands, chest and stomach, hips and thighs, knees and calves, ankles and feet and finally the toes, filling your entire being.
- Allow the light to dissolve any areas of tension that you notice are stored at various points of the body as it beams through. Allow this area to relax to its highest capacity at this moment. Move onto the next area until you reach your toes.
- Now imagine energetic roots growing down from your feet into the ground beneath you, connecting you to Mother Earth.
- See these roots penetrate deep into the ground, further and further into the earth until they reach the center and connect to a bright red light which travels up these roots until it reaches the base of your spine, the location of your root chakra.
- As you continue to breathe in, imagine this red light intensifying in color and gaining power and momentum in a circular, clockwise motion. The light glows brightly like a large ruby.
- Observe any sensations that you are holding in your base chakra. It may feel warm or cold, numb or tingly or even painful. Consciously choose to release these sensations as you breathe golden light into this area. Imagine them dissolving and disappearing, allowing your red light to shine even more brightly.
- Try not to analyze whatever you are consciously releasing. Simply set the intention to let go of all that no longer serves your highest good.
- Continue to breathe in golden light and imagine the red light expanding in all directions as far as you feel comfortable.
- Notice how you are feeling now. Sit with that for a few moments before starting to become more aware of the weight of the body in your chair or on the floor.
- In your own time, count up from 5 to 1 and begin to become more aware of your surroundings and when you open your eyes, trust that you are feeling better than before with a renewed sense of energy and vitality.
- Have a stretch to welcome back in the day…
Other Root Chakra Healing Methods
Yoga. There are many yoga practices that focus on strengthening and healing the root or first chakra – seek out a teacher in your area, or search for a video online.
Food. The everyday foods we eat all have energetic properties, and choosing the right ones can really heal a chakra that is suffering from an imbalance. Food such as beets and root vegetables, plus protein-rich foods like nuts and pulses can be incredibly grounding and supportive. Read this piece about root chakra healing food.
Continue Your Chakra Healing Journey…
- Root Chakra
- Sacral Chakra
- Solar Plexus Chakra
- Heart Chakra
- Throat Chakra
- Third Eye Chakra
- Crown Chakra
- Soul Star Chakra
Leave a few comments below to let us know where you’re currently feeling stuck in your life. See if you can identify what the main cause is for your resistance and then identify three actions you can take today to get the ball rolling again…
Blessings to you.