Mercury Retrograde ends today, February 20th, in the sign of Aquarius.
Are you screaming “hallelujah” at the top of your lungs? Well, you’re not the only one… every time Mercury stations direct, the entire population rejoices with a collective sigh of relief. However (and I really hate to break this to you) Mercury Retrograde really isn’t the cause of all your problems.
Sure, maybe you have a few more computer glitches and text your ex something you definitely should not… but other than minor tech malfunctions and communication lapses – Mercury Retrograde just isn’t messing with your life all that much.
So while your tech life might start to run a bit more smoothly, there are still a few astrological events happening in the coming months that will… well, eff you up a bit.
Change Is Coming (Again, And Again)
Saturn and Uranus squared off just a couple of days ago (on Feb 17th). And this won’t be the last time… they’ll be squaring off again on June 14th and December 24th. This means that every time we think we’ve recovered from its tumultuous effects, we’ll be thrown right back into it.
Saturn – the planet of structure, order, and tradition – is stationed in forward-thinking Aquarius. And Uranus – the planet of rebellion, drastic changes, and revolution – is stationed in the earthy (and materialistic) Taurus.
So what does this mean for you?
It means that 3 times this year, the foundations that our structures and societies have been built on… will be shocked, rocked, and up-rooted. These won’t just be changes that affect you – they’ll affect all of society (remember that Aquarius is the humanitarian sign). Ultimately these changes are for the betterment of the human race… but that doesn’t mean they’ll come without growing pains.
The Change of the Eclipses
Eclipses are cosmic events that we’re all very familiar with, but that doesn’t lessen the… theatrics and drama that eclipses typically bring into our lives. Eclipses often bring sudden shifts into our lives (theoretically slamming shut one door, and opening another). And we have four outstanding eclipses this year, and each one will rock your world just a little bit different…
- The Total Lunar Eclipse in Sagittarius on May 26th will expose your own inner secrets – plot twist – to yourself. You won’t be able to run or hide from your truth anymore, and you won’t be able to ignore it either.
- The Annular Solar Eclipse in Gemini on June 10th will bring you exciting information and unexpected opportunities that you might not be ready for. Hold on tight and jump head-first, because you won’t want to miss it.
- The Partial Lunar Eclipse in Taurus on November 19th will rock your emotional landscape with sudden goodbyes. These will be challenging, but the growth it will bring you is three-fold.
- The Total Solar Eclipse in Sagittarius on December 4th can bring forth relationship turbulence, and make it difficult for you to express yourself authentically.
And because I know how much ya’ll love Retrogrades… there are EIGHT more to look forward to this year (and yes, 2 of them are Mercury).
- April 27: Pluto turns retrograde in Capricorn.
- May 23: Saturn turns retrograde in Capricorn.
- May 29: Mercury turns retrograde in Gemini.
- June 20: Jupiter turns retrograde in Pisces.
- June 25: Neptune turns retrograde in Pisces.
- August 19: Uranus turns retrograde in Taurus.
- September 27: Mercury turns retrograde in Libra.
- December 19: Venus turns retrograde in Capricorn.
While I know this looks bleak and intimidating, I promise you that this list of cosmic events is nowhere near as cray-cray as what we experienced in 2020. So if you survived that, you can definitely survive this. Remember that the best thing you can do to prepare is to keep an open mind and be willing to put in the blood, sweat, and tears that true and radical change requires. You got this, boo.