Have You Ever used affirmations?
Even if you don’t’ think you have, affirmations can be subconscious, automatic phrases we tell ourselves or others.
Ever tried to psych yourself up before going into a tricky situation, or doing something scary, but muttering “I can do this!”?
Or cheered an anxious child on, with words like: “You’re SO strong”, “you’re so clever”, “be brave…”?
These are all positive affirmations.
Affirmations are statements said with intent and confidence, designed to encourage a particular belief or state.
And whilst the examples described above are simple words of encouragement, affirmations can also be deep, complex, and designed to achieve very specific goals.
Benefits of Positive Affirmations
- Affirmations can diminish negative thoughts, or banish them from the mind altogether.
- They can inspire and uplift.
- They can motivate.
- They can improve self-esteem and self-confidence.
- They can attract abundance and increase happiness.
- They can lead to more successful choices and positive outcomes.
How to Use Affirmations
The best way to use positive affirmations in your life is to repeat regularly.
For many people, this means writing down one, two or a handful of positive statements, and keeping them close to hand.
Refer to your list frequently during the day, and repeat the affirmations wither aloud, or internally. If this is tricky, simply repeating them in the morning upon waking, and at night before going to sleep will also work.
Here is a long list of our favorite positive affirmations and positive statements for success and confidence, for you to use, or adapt, as you desire.
List of Positive Affirmations for Success and Confidence
- I love and accept myself completely.
- I am strong, I am powerful, and I am capable of achieving anything I set my mind to.
- I am deeply grateful for everything in my life. Even my struggles are here to make me stronger.
- Today is going to be a great day.
- I effortlessly reach my goals and desires.
- I have the power to achieve anything I desire.
- I easily maintain a positive mindset and use it to uplift people around me.
- The potential in me is limitless. I can achieve anything I desire.
- I am brave, I am strong, I am powerful.
- My voice matters. What I have to share is important to the world.
- I am worthy of love, kindness, and respect.
- I live a life that is free from worry and regret.
- I have the power to change what is not working.
- I am in control of my thoughts and actions.
- I am confident, I am capable and I will change the world today.
- I feel motivated to take risks and try new things
- My comfort zone is not where I belong. I am stronger than my strongest excuse
- I am full of great ideas and creative inspiration. I trust myself and my ability to manifest.
- I am resilient and become stronger and stronger every day
- I radiate positivity out into the world
- I live a good life that is full of positivity and abundance.
- Today I will express my best self with confidence and ease.
- I feel healthy and strong, my body serves me and I love myself unconditionally.
RELATED POST: 5 Reasons To Meditate If You’re Feeling Stressed!
How to Write Your Own Affirmations
Designing your own affirmations is really worthwhile – only you know what you truly need to work on. You may be ultimately aiming for success, but what negativity do you need to shift, to get there?
Is it a lack of self-esteem?
Spiraling negative self-talk?
By tailoring your affirmations to your own needs (and aligning them with any other spiritual development work you are doing), they will be most effective, and work more quickly!
But if you’re just starting out with affirmations, it can be a minefield!
It seems obvious, but make them positive statements.
Begin with words like “I am” or “It is”.
Use positive words, making sure you avoid negative ones.
Make your affirmations achievable. There should be some stretch in them – you want to inspire new beliefs and increase your ability to achieve your desires – but avoid setting unachievable goals.
Write them down in a notebook, on sticky notes that you can scatter around the house, or on cards that you can access easily.
Next… share YOUR favorite affirmations with us in the comments below! We’d love to read your positive power statements.