Last Updated on
Despite the Essence being easy to calculate and use, it is one of the most practical tools of Numerology. It can be applied to any person or situation, and gives a good sense of how your day will be.
How to Calculate Your Essence Number
- The calculation starts with the Universal Year, which is the single digit sum of the calendar year number – 2012 = 2+0+1+2 = 5.
- Next, we calculate the Personal Year by adding the day and month of birth to the Universal Year: Someone born on February 23 = 2+2+3+5 = 12; 1+2 = 3.
- Next, we find the Personal Month which is found by adding the calendar month to the Personal Year: November = 11; 1+1 = 2; 2+3 = 5.
- The Personal Day is computed by adding the calendar date to the Personal Month; 15 = 1+5 = 6; 6+5 = 11; 1+1= 2 (Master Numbers are not used in Essence calculations).
- Lastly, we take the single digit sum of the Personal Year, Month and Day to find the Personal Essence: 3+5+2 = 10; 1+0 = 1.
Universal Number Calculation
- First we calculate the Universal vibrations, by adding the Universal Year (5) to the calendar month (2) to find the Universal Month (7).
- Then we add the calendar date (15; 1+5 = 6; 6+7 = 13; 1+3 = 4), and we have the Universal Year, Month and Day numbers, 5, 7 and 4.
- The Universal Essence is found by taking the sum of these numbers: 5+7+4 = 16; 1+6 = 7.
The Vibrations of the Universe
The Universal Day, Month and Year aren’t used separately – they are the general, abstract, “benchmark” vibrations everyone experiences. Instead, we compute the individual experience by summing the Personal and Universal Essence to find the Essence of the Day. As per the example, 1+7 = 8, which focuses on “material aspects” – matters concerning money, finance, management and so forth. We also want to look at the two “factors” from which the 8 is drawn, 1 and 7, in order to see how they relate to one another.
Since the 1 is the person, it’s likely that the 7 will slow them down; this may very well cause financial losses. It’s almost certain that this “8” Essence of the Day will show conflict regarding financial matters. It could be a very different day if the 8 were composed of 2 and 6, or 3 and 5.
When working with the Essence of the Day, remember that the final judgment depends on aspects of the individual’s Numerology Chart, their age, occupation, etc. A college student will experience it from an executive or a performing artist.
Using the Essence Number as A Way to Make Decisions
The Daily Essence is also useful for choosing job interview dates. For instance, it would not be a bad idea to choose a day with an Essence of 3 (pleasant), 4 (work), 1 (beginnings – self), 9 (completion, ending the search) or 6 (responsibility), as long as you are careful about the Personal and Universal factors. It can also be useful for planning social events, travel and many other activities.
You Make the Call
The Essence can also be used to get a day-to-day “snap judgment” about your relationships with others. All you have to do is to calculate the Personal Year, Month and Day for yourself and the other individual, then take the two Essence numbers (you don’t use the Universal vibrations for this) and find their single digit sum. That Daily Essence and its factors always have a lot to say. It wouldn’t be a good idea, for instance, to plan a first date when the Essence of the Day is 2+7 = 9; the 2 might be uncooperative, the 7 is likely to be more withdrawn, and the 9 is not good for beginnings. At the same time, a Daily Essence of 3+6 = 9 could work very well, and may bring an end to the single life – if that’s your goal.
On A final Note…
You can quickly master the technique of working with the Essence if you get familiar with the relationships between the numbers. Numerologist.com is committed to providing the best information available on this topic, and all others related to Numerology, so stay tuned!
Your Professional Numerologist,