When the Sun moves into wander-lusty Sagittarius tomorrow, we all get to soak up a dose of the centaurs’ seeking spirit and philosophical fascination!
I LOVE this season (it also happens to be my birthday month!) but the gifts that it brings, and the lessons that it teaches can often be overwhelmed at this time of year, by the surge of our yuletide preparations.
Thankfully, its planetary ruler Jupiter helps to expand its qualities into every crack and corner of life, however busy you become, so you’ll feel Sagittarius in the air. But consciously using its energy for your own life and growth may take a little more effort.
Jupiter and the Number 3
Jupiter has long been associated with the number 3. This giant planet of optimism, ideas and higher learning shares a special resonance with the 3, a beautiful, creative and wonder-filled number which unifies body, mind and spirit, creating our human gateway into conscious living. People with a lot of 3s in their charts are often focused on understanding the world and making sense of it through rational connections, as a foundation to their own creative expansion.
It is exceptionally rare not to have even a hint of a number and its archetypal power in our personal make-up, so even if the 3 doesn’t appear in bold and obvious ways in your chart, its energy will be there.
Embrace your inner 3
Sagittarius season is a really, really good time to eek it out and practice getting to know this inquisitive, expansive and optimistic side of yourself. Here are a 15 ideas and tools to use, to get to know your inner number 3, and at the same time, seriously rock Sagittarius Season!
- Start creating strategy for 2018. Do it now, don’t wait for New Year’s Eve to hit! The expansive qualities of Sagittarius will also widen your perception of what you think is possible for yourself and your future, so be brave!
- Embrace your FUN! One of the ways the number 3 expresses through us, is as quick wit and sharp humor, so let yourself see the world through a lens of laughter!
- Read – curl up on the sofa and sink into a novel. Sagittarius loves to soak up experiences, and so do the archetypes of your inner 3, even if they’re through fictional worlds created on a page (and these can be some of the best worlds of all!)
- Give up being critical. It’s a sorry shadow aspect of the number 3 to be overly fault-finding in others, a quality which can quickly break down relationships on both sides. Try to recognize if you’re doing this and stop the pattern in its tracks.
- Turn up your empathy dial. This number and this sign, can sometimes cause us to be impatient with others who seem to be taking longer to ‘process’ life and situations. Let things take the time they need.
- Host a party. Create an environment for people to meet, share and enjoy – it’s something you’re good at!
- Don’t hold onto resentment, let go of old grudges, clear the slate. Sagittarian energy holds the powerful but fair vibration of the ruler God Zeus (Jupiter) so work to consciously embody this generous and just spirit.
- Let yourself be swayed. Allow someone else to decide for you!
- Practice being spontaneous! Release the temptation to analyze every single potential outcome of a decision and just. Say. YES!
- Get away. Seek something different. Book a night in a hotel or an AirBnB, go on an adventure, just to see what happens! The number 3 thrives on variety.
- Ask your intuition too. The number 3 can be actively and positively mind-centered but using both the rational AND intuitive parts of yourself will supercharge your decision making skills.
- Exude optimism. Talk affirmingly, choose the focus of your words carefully and re-frame the way you share (externalize) what you feel.
- Connect to your elders. Hear their histories, soak up their journeys. This doesn’t need to involve necromancy and a séance! So go and spend an afternoon with your gran and connect deeply. Or if you no longer have one, borrow a friends.
- Teach what you know. If you see someone at a certain stage in life, and you recognize yourself in them, ask if you can offer them advice and mentoring.
- Pray. Sagittarius is connected to the higher realms of religion and the 3 is a number which creates connections. Prayer not only crosses the hemispheres of the brain, it crosses worlds, so consider devoting some of your energy to invoking the gifts of the gods.
Do you have a lot of the number 3 in your chart?
I’d love to know how you connect to the energy of Sagittarius season, and how you express your unique gifts into the world.
Share with us below!