Junior Writer Needed
Numerologist.com is looking for a Junior Writer. Working on a range of article types and formats, this content writer will provide up to 4 articles per week. Typical titles include:
- Are YOU one of the 0.01% of people with Psychokinesis?
- 3 Powerful Ways This Pisces Full Moon In Make You Manifest Like A Boss
- How Many Of These Subconsciously Spiritual Things Have You Done During Lockdown?
The ideal candidate will have a knowledge of, and passion for divination topics such as numerology, astrology and magick. A conversational, yet informative tone is essential; as is the ability to craft hooks that not only encourage reading but also inspire action and engagement.
You must have:
- A passion for and knowledge of a range of spiritual topic
- Experience using WordPress
- Great communication skills
- A conversational yet informative style
- Strong attention to detail
- Flawless spelling and grammar
- Ability to meet deadlines and self-manage
- An understanding of how to write catchy hooks
- The ability to guide readers to a desired conclusion/call-to-action
- Basic understanding of SEO principles
Your role will include:
- Actively participating in idea brainstorming
- Proactively identifying content opportunities
- Researching content and sourcing information
- Loading blog posts into WordPress as drafts
- Working closely with the blog editor to strategically plan the content schedule
- Sometimes needing to work quickly to write hot topic blog posts about current events
How To Apply
- In lieu of a traditional cover letter, we ask that you submit a short article (700 words) on an upcoming celestial event (Full Moon, Eclipse, Retrograde, etc). Read blog posts above to get an idea of the Numerologist Brand Voice.
- Write your article in a Google Doc (and make sure share settings are open to anyone with the link).
- Please submit your article to Rose at email@example.com before Sept 10th, 2020.
- In your email, include a brief description of your writing experience and why you’d like to work with the Numerologist.com team.
- Use the subject line: Numerologist Content Writer Application – Your Name.
To improve your chances of being shortlisted for an interview, please ensure your article.
- Has a good hook / catchy title that entices readers to click.
- Educates on the upcoming event, explaining what it is and why it’s important to the reader (TIP: use a numbered framework – 5 reasons, 6 tips, 4 steps, etc.)
- Has a call to action to comment/engage on the blog post.