“Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.” – Marie Curie
Everyone lives with fear from time to time and it arises in various forms. Often it manifests as a lack of confidence and the kind of self-doubt that can stop you from living your full potential.
These feelings are symptoms of a sacral chakra blockage.
All fears stem from a moment in your past when you formulated a belief about an event and adopted a behavior surrounding that, which continues to triggers a response. Maintaining this reaction or thought pattern and repeating the same kinds of behavior creates a destructive cycle which jeopardizes any chance you have of future success. These fears may have evolved over time, yet they still preventing you from thriving.
A second chakra blockage, or imbalance, is also intimately connected to your sexuality.
This will often manifest as a difficulty opening up, being vulnerable with other people and expressing yourself sexually and creatively. By identifying your fears you can make a conscious decision to confront them and set yourself free.
The sacral chakra is where to begin.
Activate The Sacral Chakra To Reduce Fear
The sacral or navel chakra (Sanskrit name Svadhisthana) sits in the lower abdomen to navel area of your body, and is often regarded as the “second chakra”. Its color is orange, (in fact, this chakra is also known as the “orange chakra” – so many labels!) so using this joyful tone for healing will help to strengthen your relationships, enhance intimacy with your loved one and reconnect to your own unique sexuality. So when the function of your second chakra is healed, your creativity will be reinvigorated, as will your fertility. This work also helps you to accept change, ‘let go’ and be open to abundance on all levels.
This chakra also works on the lungs, kidneys, sexual organs, pelvis, lowerback, reproductive organs, urinary system, bladder, spleen, colon, small intestine, immune system, ovaries, and testicles.
Signs of a sacral chakra imbalance or blockage can include:
Impotency, fearing pleasure, obsessive attachments, un healthy boundaries, and infertility.
There are several ways to stimulate and rebalance this center centre.
1. Use Vibrational Remedies:
Australian bush flowers such as the Turkey Bush, She Oak, Bush Gardenia, Wisteria and Flannel Flower will help to rebalance the second chakra energy, ultimately helping you release fear of your own self-worth, improving your intimate relationships with others
Organic essential oils such as bergamot, orange, and ylang-ylang are also perfect for strengthening self-worth and they can be diffused in an oil burner or vaporiser which is then sprayed into the aura; or gently rubbed onto trigger points on the skin.
2. Use Daily Affirmations
Affirmations are used to reprogram the subconscious mind and encourage you to believe certain things about yourself or about the world around you. They are extremely beneficial in helping you create the reality that you desire, affecting and will influence your overall happiness.
Simply stating a positive affirmation about your self-worth will significantly reduce any beliefs that you may be holding about yourself not being deserving, which will ultimately transform any fear you have about putting yourself first. A selection of powerful affirmations are available in the meditation below.
3. Use Sound Frequencies:
Certain sound vibrations resonate with the chakras and are incredibly powerful for clearing blockages and creating balance. Among the most popular are the use of mantras and vowels.
The Seven Sacred Vowels are considered extremely holy in many traditions including ancient Egyptians, Tibetan, Japanese and Native American.
The vowel for sacral chakra activation is Ooo.
Another potent method of resonating the chakras is to use the Bija Mantras. These were developed from Sanskrit letters within the Vedic traditions, and are said to balance and align the chakras.
The Bija Mantra which resonates with the root chakra is VAM
Another aspect of sonic chakra system resonance has to do with the actual frequency or keynote of each chakra.
Keynote D is believed to be in natural resonance with the sacral chakra. It has a frequency of 288 Hz.
4. Use Crystals:
Listed below are a selection of healing stones that are commonly used to open, balance and heal the sacral chakra.
- Orange Carnelian – Red/orange – Restores strength and vitality, stimulates the metabolism and overcomes negative energy and conditioning.
- Calcite – Orange/yellow – Balances the emotions, removes fear and heals the reproductive system.
- Citrine – Yellow/gold – Raises self-esteem and self-confidence, activates creativity and promotes joy.
- Goldstone – Gold/brown – Helps you to achieve your goals and renews energy.
How To Use Chakra Healing Crystals
Each crystal holds a unique vibration so it’s extremely important to know how to use the correct stone with the affected chakra. Cleansed and charged healing crystals are most effective when you place them near to the location of the imbalanced chakra which is in need of healing. They are often worn as jewelry or positioned over the affected chakra.
For second chakra healing, try tying a crystal loosely around your waist. You could also place them in various locations around your home in your bed as you sleep.
5. Use Meditation – Orange Sacral Chakra (Svadhisthana) Guided Meditation
This powerful meditation uses color therapy, Earth energy and visualization to help you reconnect to your emotional, creative and sexual self. First, read through this a couple of times so you’re familiar with what to do.
- Choose a comfortable space in your home where you won’t be disturbed for the next 15 minutes and sitting upright, just relax, close your eyes and begin by concentrating on your breath.
- Slowly, breathe in deeply to the count of 5, allowing your belly to expand, followed by your chest so your lungs are full of air. Hold for another 5 seconds and finally slowly breathe out for about 7 seconds until your lungs are completely empty.
- Repeat the process several times to deepen your relaxation but this time when you breathe in imagine that you are inhaling peace as a vibrant white light and exhaling any form of tension or anxiety as a dark cloud.
- Observe the weight of your body either in the chair or on the floor, and feel how the good earth is supporting you from below. If any thoughts or feelings come in, simply observe without judgement, and let them pass.
- Now imagine a beautiful golden light, like sunshine, beaming down through the top of your head. Allow this warming light to flood down throughout your entire being, through the face, neck and shoulders, arms and hands, chest and stomach, hips and thighs, knees and calves, ankles and feet and finally the toes, filling your entire being.
- Allow the light to dissolve any areas of tension that you notice are stored at various points of the body as it beams through. Allow this area to relax to its highest capacity at this moment. Move onto the next area until you reach your toes.
- Now imagine energetic roots growing down from your feet into the ground beneath you, connecting you to Mother Earth.
- See these roots penetrate deep into the ground, further and further into the earth until they reach the center and connect to a vivid orange light which travels up these roots until it reaches your naval and lower back, the location of your sacral chakra.
- As you continue to breathe in, imagine this orange light intensifying in color and gaining power and momentum in a circular, clockwise motion. The light glows brightly like a burning flame.
- Observe any sensations that you are holding in your second chakra. It may feel warm or cold, numb or tingly or even painful. Consciously choose to release these sensations as you breathe golden light into this area. Imagine them dissolving and disappearing, allowing your orange light to shine even more brightly.
- Try not to analyze whatever you are consciously releasing. Simply set the intention to let go of all that no longer serves your highest good.
- Continue to breathe in golden light and imagine the orange light expanding in all directions as far as you feel comfortable.
- Now repeat the following affirmations…
I use my creativity to express my individuality.
I experience a fair and equal exchange of energy and love in all of my relationships.
I am passionate and outgoing.
I am liberated and able to express my emotions without being overbearing.
I express my emotions and sexuality in a healthy way without fear of rejection.
I confidently make my own decisions.
I connect with my true sensual desires.
It is okay to take time for myself.
- Notice how you are feeling now. Sit with that for a few moments before starting to become more aware of the weight of the body in your chair or on the floor.
- In your own time, count up from 5 to 1 and begin to become more aware of your surroundings and when you open your eyes, trust that you are feeling better than before with a renewed sense of energy and vitality.
- Have a stretch to welcome back in the day…
Other Sacral Chakra Healing Methods
Yoga. There are many yoga practices that focus on strengthening and healing the second chakra. Kundalini yoga is especially effective, but needs to be taught by an expret – seek out a teacher in your area, or search for a video online.
Food. The everyday foods we eat all have energetic properties, and choosing the right ones can really heal a chakra that is suffering from an imbalance. Food such as oranges, squash and maca root can be incredibly activating and even aphrodisiacs! Read this piece about sacral chakra healing food.
Continue Your Chakra Healing Journey…
- Root Chakra
- Sacral Chakra
- Solar Plexus Chakra
- Heart Chakra
- Throat Chakra
- Third Eye Chakra
- Crown Chakra
- Soul Star Chakra
Leave a few comments below to let us know what you’ve learned about yourself today!
What three empowering steps you will take today to prioritize your own needs and give your self-confidence a boost!