Meditation plays a huge part on your journey to rediscovering your authentic self as it helps you to open your heart to more self-love and compassion.
I love what Ringo Starr says about how it also helps to keeps him calm and level headed…
“At the end of the day, I can end up just totally wacky, because I’ve made mountains out of molehills. With meditation, I can keep them as molehills.” ~Ringo Starr
Please watch the video above to discover 10 simple but effective tips on how to SUPERCHARGE your meditation and take a quantum leap on your journey to fulfillment!
Your Free Green Heart Meditation (Starts at 7:56min)
I’ve also included a FREE Green Heart Meditation to get you going and help you to open up to greater self-acceptance and unconditional love.
Enjoy the process and remember to breathe and be mindful!
- Choose a comfortable space in your home where you won’t be disturbed for the next 15 minutes and sitting upright, just relax, close your eyes and begin by concentrating on your breath.
- Slowly, breathe in deeply to the count of 5, allowing your belly to expand, followed by your chest so your lungs are full of air. Hold for another 5 seconds and finally slowly breathe out for about 7 seconds until your lungs are completely empty.
- Repeat the process several times to deepen your relaxation but this time when you breathe in imagine that you are inhaling peace as a vibrant white light and exhaling any form of tension or anxiety as a dark cloud.
- Observe the weight of your body either in the chair or on the floor, and feel how the good earth is supporting you from below. If any thoughts or feelings come in, simply observe without judgement, and let them pass.
- Now imagine a beautiful golden light, like sunshine, beaming down through the top of your head. Allow this warming light to flood down throughout your entire being, through the face, neck and shoulders, arms and hands, chest and stomach, hips and thighs, knees and calves, ankles and feet and finally the toes, filling your entire being.
- Allow the light to dissolve any areas of tension that you notice are stored at various points of the body as it beams through. Allow this area to relax to its highest capacity at this moment. Move onto the next area until you reach your toes.
- Now imagine energetic roots growing down from your feet into the ground beneath you, connecting you to Mother Earth.
- See these roots penetrate deep into the ground, further and further into the earth until they reach the center and connect to a bright green light which travels up these roots until it reaches the center of your chest, the location of your heart chakra.
- As you continue to breathe in, imagine this green light intensifying in color and gaining power and momentum in a circular, clockwise motion. The light glows brightly like a large emerald.
- Observe any sensations that you are holding in your heart chakra. It may feel warm or cold, numb or tingly or even painful. Consciously choose to release these sensations as you breathe golden light into this area. Imagine them dissolving and disappearing, allowing your green light to shine even more brightly.
- Try not to analyze whatever you are consciously releasing. Simply set the intention to let go of all that no longer serves your highest good.
- Continue to breathe in golden light and imagine the green light expanding in all directions as far as you feel comfortable.
- Now repeat the following affirmations…
I am grateful for all the blessings in my life.
I forgive myself and others with ease.
I am compassionate towards myself and others.
Through my vulnerability I connect to others more deeply.
I see others for who they are and love them unconditionally.
Love flows to and from me in a balanced manner.
I am able to give to others without depleting myself.
- Now simply return to the breath. Breathing in for 5 seconds, holding and then breathing out for 7 seconds. As you breathe out imagine any last remaining tension leaving your body and observe your green light now brighter than ever.
- Notice how you are feeling now. Sit with that for a few moments before starting to become more aware of the weight of the body in your chair or on the floor.
- In your own time, count up from 5 to 1 and begin to become more aware of your surroundings and when you open your eyes, trust that you are feeling better than before with a renewed sense of energy and vitality.
- Have a stretch to welcome back in the day…